Jos has programmed a few computer applications between 2013-2019. Most of these were meant as artistic "computer sciencey", creative coding experiments. You can download some of these here.
A meditative audio experience for the iPhone.
Computer animation for Maston’s music video Rain Dance.
Originally distributed with the first Heartsnatcher album.
A few generative art pieces coded by Jos.
The old tech blog by Jos about computer programming.
Tripper audio programming
A tutorial in four parts written during December 2018 on programming a binaural beats audio system from scratch for the Trippr iPhone app.
Using a shovel as a hammer
A blog about object-oriented programming and the inheritance hell of modern operating system APIs.
A programmer's story
An overview of Jos's coding past.
Some inspirational technologists
- Ryoji Ikeda (musician)
- Kim Cascone (musician)
- Luigi Russolo (composer)
- Casey Reas (artist)
- Larry Cuba (animator)
- John Whitney (animator)
- Hans Richter (animator)
- Ron Gilbert (programmer) SCUMM / Monkey Island / Thimbleweed Park
- Casey Muratori (programmer) The Witness / Handmade Hero
- Daniel Shiffman (programmer) The Nature of Code
- Steve Grand (programmer) Creatures
- John Carmack (programmer) Wolfenstein / DOOM / Quake
- Will Wright (programmer) Sim City / The Sims / Spore
Languages: C / Objective-C / C++ / Java / Max / HTML / CSS / ChucK / Csound
Libraries: SDL / Cocoa / openFrameworks / Processing